badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

The Shadowdancers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haven
Watcher

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 16:48

Hello dear Sentinels!
Main idea to ever create the guild comes from RP story line.
Somehow the story turned the way that gives a background for guild also.
I had to leave Sentinels to ensure I can create and really run the order of Shadowdancers, yet the guild is supposed to once join the Sentinels as sub-order. The alliance and bound between both guilds is to become strong and in the end lead to complete union. As soon as I’ll make sure everything is set and done, I will ask Alyria to talk out all the matters with me, so it’ll be set for a while before the pact will come to work.

The Shadowdancers are mostly rogues, druids or hunters. All the classes that can either hunt down or sneak through the shadows. Naturally it is going to be made of elves, of RP reasons – only females.
Alternative characters are welcome, as long as owner can pay a little of effort and find suiting role, show at a few meetings, or RP events that are to come.

Of what is there needed to become a member:
1. Character has to be a night elf, female, druid / rogue / hunter.
2. It is clearly Role Playing game, so no other players are acceptable.
3. You have to know the background story of guild.
4. You should have own story set for the character that is supposed to join.

I will seek for people who can take part in story – the order is said to exist for quite a while now, but it’s leadership has change – so there has to be a few who would like to play the role of older members, those who’s been there when Haven’s being trained, and those who’s been still members when her parents were leading the order. More in guild story.

From technical matters, the guild is not going to be any of pve, end game or anything at all. It is Role Playing guild and priority is to play your role. Naturally, any aid needed will be given, and there is never any Role Playing without friendship, so it’s a part of plan too.

I will write the story and post here. All that are interested - please wait a while till I'm done writing Wink still - if not post a reply here - you can contact me via msn (fuczyk@msn.com) or send me a mail to the same adress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:31

Where the order comes from and who’s actually made it work at all?

Parents of Haven were both rogues. Thought, not the typical rogues, but a special class known as Shadowdancers (known by either those who met them – but they are probably dead already, or those who hired them – those might be still alive, but not stupid enough to talk loudly about the order).
In the time they were trained, they were supposed to work only for Darnassus, as elite ones, to be sent wherever typical army would not get to. As there was no need to use all the garrison, the Shadowdancers were called to fix the matter of either corruption, worrying news, or simple need of protecting someone important while his travels.
Soon Haven’s parents saw the possibility of gathering more of young Kaldorei to teach them and make them work under their command. And so it all started.
To avoid any of complications caused by strong feelings inside the order, Shanae El’Lasaar and her husband never agreed to let any male, other than Haven’s father to get involved in the cause. Hence all of the members were females.
When Haven was born, she was given some training, mostly the beginners abilities to use in combat. Before her training was complete, her parents got killed in Westfall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:40

It's a interesting idea Heaven. But I can not invest myself in more than one guild even if I have a rogue.

BUT ...

We can do this : the Shadowdancer is a guild with her own tabard etc... But it's the spy service of the Sentinel, or it's used by the sentinel to spy (I don't know what is your RP idea).
- So the forum is the same than this, I'll create a special place for you with a secret forum and a common forum.
- The OOC chat TDS is the same.
- Maybee a IC common chat between Shadow and Sentinels

So...it's two guild, but a lot of event will be for both side. For example Ceremonies (not mentorship ceremonies), meeting about a special problem etc...

Well..I don't know, it's just some suggestion, maybee stupid.

It's just ..i don't think, exept maybee for poeple who are playing a lot, it's possible to ba active in two guild. So even if I find your idea very interesting, I belong to the Sentinel first. Smile

Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:43

Awesome Smile The idea is really nice, althought - the order will in some time (when it's more stable and actually - when it's working) a part of guild I hope (Aly? ^^) so it's going to be not only a guild spying for Sentinels, but also a bit of independent part of them. At least - so I hope...

Getting back to write more of the story, it's not all Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:52

What came to Shadowdancers when leaders were gone?

As the breaking news of leader’s death came to members of order, chaos came and not a single one was even considering to start fighting for position of leader. Shadowdancers were close to fall apart and become wandering rogues to hire. But that didn’t happen. There was still something to give a bit of hope to those who wanted to keep order alive. Daughters of El’Lasaars – Haven and Hevia, both still too young and never trained, but both having the right birth to reach for leadership.
The Shadowdancers were watching both of young El’Lasaars. The day that made them sure of who might ever attempt to reach position of parents was when they saw Haven killing Hevia in Darnassus. It was no longer required to pick the most suitable of sisters, and none of Shadowdancers ever needed to ask Haven for her reason to kill sister. They have all seen.
Few months passed at watching and ensuring if Haven might ever fit the place she was supposed to take. While the time, some of the order started to disbelief in young warrior, who cannot stealth properly, and is not as good and silent killer as her parents were.
Those either left to wander alone, or started to put their efforts in becoming leaders themselves. (tip: the character’s story saying that character has been a member and for the moment is one of those who wanted to become leaders kinda works for me)
One of the oldest members finally decided to move onward and sent a letter to Haven. A letter telling that there is a way for her to keep parent’s work up, and that they will await her in Darkshore.
As Haven arrived, she was told that she has to complete the training. Considering some of the order still wanted her not to complete it, her task were hard and not only dangerous – but also made her change. She’s become less soft, her thoughts became straight. Order to kill a child was an order to do, even if she tried to fight it – the reason was last thing to ask for.
The Shadowdancers never look back at their past, they keep going and fighting for the cause they are told is right. No need to ask, just follow leaders. As there was no one to lead – they’ve turn a bit and became cruel. Usually treating new recruits wrong and being harsh, but as Haven said – it is to change, as soon as her position is stable.

The order awaits lots of changes. The new leadership’s been taken now, and all those who’ll join will become those who shall see order either falling or turning into something different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:57

I`ll gladly meet and talk to anyone who wishes to take place in past story - it's to be set by talks, thought - good story for character is what I`ll ask for.
Feel free to contact me in game, same as here in forums, with ideas, propositions, comments.

Thanksies Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coradtee
Officer

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-07-04

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 17:58

I agree with Elloa to 100 % and it's NOT a stupid idea..

Where do you get these ideas?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:02

I buy them at e-bay :p haha no, I don`t... they come when I see others reacting with my characters actually... more or less you're all my reasons to keep ideas going Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:07

Ah.. by the way, is this forum accesable for not privilledged members? If not... mind if I'll paste it to the forum that can be accessed by new people? I would kind of like to give info to few players so they can read... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:33

This sounds very interresting. I would like to play one of them older members with my rogue(yet to create her Razz )
Though can't promisse how much i'm gonna be active.

Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:36

You're welcome to give me a sign once I`m back in game Smile a few days that is - stupid pre paid's delivery cyclops
And still... there is really not much of activity required, I just want to ensure that those I've got set to play older members do know the story and won`t find it a problem to play roles right way... hence, the post is here at first place, before it's going to official forums...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siandris
Watcher

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2006-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:39

Highly interesting, im most likely interested to join =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:51

Due to all problems caused by, and corruption that touched Eastern Kingdoms, the service and aid of Shadowdancers will no longer be given to humans.

Except for personal causes of single members with humans, the order will NOT:
1. Aid the Stormwind Keep in any issues.
2. Take place in any of assaults on Horde territories organized by humans.
3. Pay more attention than required to gather information to any happenings in the human’s land.
4. Fight the Scourge attacking Eastern Kingdoms.

No exceptions.

It is human kind that is responsible for death of former leaders. They should feel the loss, once our aid will be taken away.

There will never be any pact with other orders, that are led by humans.

The activities that are welcome:
1. Gathering information that can be used, considering human’s weaknesses and their problems, yet – not to aid them, but to ensure we are up to date with what is bothering Eastern Kingdoms.
2. Gathering information about current orders that are holding first place of Stormwind’s military strength.
3. Gathering information about who’s currently being in war / unfriendly comities. All of the fights, verbal and military between different orders of humans.

A cause of out community being just rebuilt and changing, there is a need of someone who’ll take care of the information being sorted out and checked. For that reason – here comes a call for someone to sign for position of the Keeper.

Ensure to be ready for the task.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:58

Another thing, I've made it while being a member of The Crimson Eagles, but it's something I would like to add to the recruitement treat in official forums - check out please Wink
Ways to improve abilities:
1. As often as possible be active in conversations of guild and singular members.
2. Always show up at the meetings, unless there is very important issue of absence.
3. Take place in raids and team hunts organized and always follow the orders.
4. Be helpful for others and do not behave greedy.
5. Do not abuse kindness of others. Ask for aid only when you really need it.
6. Act for people as you would like them to act for you.
7. Always think twice before you take any decision, because you may regret it after all.
8. Try to get tasks given done as fast as possible as a proof of your hard trying.
9. Be honest and do not try to hide things that went wrong so You will be aided for the next time and get a chance to fix own mistakes.
10. Consider yourself as part of the order and always remember that you are responsible for it the same way as everyone else.
11. And the last one that comes to my mind – if you have done wrong, then do not try to avoid responsibility, but excuse and do your best to repair mistake. Everyone can do wrong sometimes.

Ways of testing abilities:
1. New member should take part in at least three team hunts while her learning period. The result of it should be reported by someone of the elders.
2. New member should show up high activity and propose at least one team activity.
3. New member has to take part in at least one raid and do well while it. Has to follow orders and show the best of her/himself.
4. Member has to show her mind ways and while the time she/he is being learned will be asked at least one important question - that should lead to discussion, which will show the ways of thinking and his/her opinions.

and feel free to use those if you like, for Sentinels! Remember, I`m still one of you x)

Last edited by on Tue 11 Jul - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 18:59

Bloody hell, Elloa - you'd best give me a part of this forum so I can keep all the Shadowthingies there Smile I feel like I`m spamming your forum... need some order here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 19:35

think you need some sort of charter,
list of participants so far...
some pictures of tabards?

yeh...Think elloa could make a place there....
heh, elloa, think its possible to make a part for shadow dancers only? only members have access to? and the bigger persons of the sentinel guild that is.

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 20:20

*Assasina sneaks into the office*
*then jumps out of the shadows and salutes to the commander*

Ishnu'alah commander.

I have to tell you something. Word reached me of a group, called the ShadowDancers, since I do not know if you are informed, I cannot reveal any further information considering this group.
*Assasina sighs deeply, preparing for what she's about to say*

All I can say is that I shall be joining them, and thereby leaving The Darnassus Sentinels.

Dont get me wrong Alyria, it was an honor serving the guild, an even greater honor to know you. I shall be in touch, and I hope you do not feel hate towards me for leaving now.

*salute*
May our paths cross again, Commander!
*bows, and returns to the shadows*

Elloa
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 20:25

Please Haeven , let me time Embarassed . I even did not have the time to read everything you writed. I'll make the part of your forum those following days. Don't worry Smile

And Yes Drako, I can make a part were only the Shadowdancer have acces.

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 20:33

you're magical Elloa, a wizard when it comes to forums Wink

Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Tue 11 Jul - 20:40

No rush Elloa Smile I can still keep on spamming here ^^

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Wed 12 Jul - 10:54

Haven, now you have your own forum, I've make you admin, you can add new forums and gives others names.
You can ask me if you need some help.

I've add a new group : Shadowdancers. This group have access to the secret room. When you want to add someone in this group, you just need to click on group and add to Shadowdancer the name of he person. But, be carefull, Shadowdancer's group don't have acces to Sentinels's secrets rooms.

The admin: Admin (my other acc. Alyria and you have access to everyroom)

About your guild, I would like to suggest you to make quickly a OOc and IC guild charter stick on Shadow main room.

Maybee I'll join with Lhamo but I could not be a very active member, Elloa is my main, will stay my main, and Sentinels my priority.

For Lhamo background if you accept me to join I would like she was an old member from the Sahdowdancers : a girl placed by her family to become a shadowdancers.
She has been engaged by Elloa to spy dwarf and gnomes territories and it's she who speak for the first time about a gnomish world invasion it's why she is in Sentinel without belong really to the Sentinel until now. If the story of Shadowdancer is that after a time of "sleep" the organisation rise again, Lhamo will come back in Shadowdancers.

If Lhamo join, maybee an another elf rogue female Myio will join too (it's my friend alt but he don't play a lot)

Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Wed 12 Jul - 14:34

Many thanks Elloa, amazing work, now just to learn how to use it all eh? Wink

Moved a few of posts from here to where they should be...

Loads of thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Wed 12 Jul - 15:03

*cough cough* Elloa... I`m newbie, how to make a thing sticky? cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Wed 12 Jul - 15:16

If the post is already made you need to edit the head post and choose "sticky" under writting window.

Haven
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   Wed 12 Jul - 15:24

The life saviour! Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdancers.   

Back to top Go down

The Shadowdancers.