badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lythar
Officer

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2006-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Mon 16 Oct - 17:16

Shadowpriest, soullink warlock with succubus, elemental shaman.

These are the class variations you as a hunter have no chance to defeat in a fair theorycraft fight. So don't hold back on every lousy trick you might have in your sleeve.

Any "actionman" or someone, who has played one of those classes, here that disagrees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 13:13

Lythar...do you feel able to train some hunter from our guild?

Hiddenshadow
Officer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 13:47

Could you maybe do a little write up on Aggro Management and Mana Conservation for Hunters Lytha, oh and pet use in instances ?

Last edited by on Tue 17 Oct - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faltereh
Officer

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 14:14

Lythar wrote:
Shadowpriest, soullink warlock with succubus, elemental shaman.

These are the class variations you as a hunter have no chance to defeat in a fair theorycraft fight. So don't hold back on every lousy trick you might have in your sleeve.

the most obvious trick: wyvern sting. Or shadowmeld+wyvern sting. In that case the elemental shaman is naturally the harder to beat, but if your aimed shot crit, you can easily win. I think the important thing in world PvP situation is to get away fast (trap, intimidation, wingclip, counterattack, or just send in pet), bandage and hide.

The shaman on the other hand has only chain lighting as ranged spell (the shocks have limided range), what is interruptible, so fast attack speed pet is quite handy. So if you can keep distance you have a chance to get away, FD, hide and wyvern. If I get into middle range of a shaman I usually go in to melee and try to stay at the back to avoid shocks. Hunter is better in melee than a shaman, and after he caught me on middle range, I hardly can kite him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 16:26

Edit: Obsolete

Last edited by on Fri 1 Dec - 17:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiddenshadow
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 17:41

I just want to add, DO MELEE if your specifically told to, such as in Molten Core on the Thundering Elementals where everyone needs to be standing in the same place as the mob, other than that wicked nice job thanks Lythar for taking the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 17:45

Lythar wrote:
And mend pet is a waste of mana. You're supposed to hurt stuff not play doctor.
I don't agree with you there. But since i got no experience as a huntard in any form of end game stuff. Not even 5man instances tongue
I'll just say.
Depends on what specc you are.

Hiddenshadow
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 17:56

Sharna wrote:
Lythar wrote:
And mend pet is a waste of mana. You're supposed to hurt stuff not play doctor.
I don't agree with you there. But since i got no experience as a huntard in any form of end game stuff. Not even 5man instances tongue
I'll just say.
Depends on what specc you are.

I personally would think its a case of if your fully BeastMaster Spec and / or which Boss your on (if your not beastmaster i def wouldnt stop to heal your pet during a fight just keep an eye on its health and pull it out to heal on its own if needed) and / or how much food is in your bag ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faltereh
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 18:05

/agree. Not the rocket science. Hunters in raids if they dont pull are the most boring people. Aimed shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, aimed shot. Razz nah there are some tricks, and well Lythar knows them all. But I always use serpent and never multi exept when hidden say "DPS hard" I guess the result is the same. When I ask a mage for water at the entrance I usually get 60 water potions from them. I use about 6 flask on the raid and drop the others. Aimed shot not requires much mana.

Honestly in a 5 man instance most people dont even imagine how hard to be a hunter, to get line of sight on stairs and at doors, not to aggro when gaining distance for shots, knowing where to use multi or volley. Keeping an eye on pet, cause everyone thinks that pet aggros when it follows a mob, though its evident that in most cases the shouting mob aggroes, keeping an eye on healers, to get the aggro from them by pet or distracting or scatter shot. In a raid a hunter keeps a good distance and DPS. He sends pet for extra DPS or for buffs (furious howl or screech) but call back the pet at 25% health or see it die.

And: I think chain lighting is one of the longest casting time spells and surely one with the most visible animation. The shaman starts to cast with both hands in a glowing dangerous looking globe of "run away while you can" thing. Well, I usually run away, or send the pet with dash3. I dont say its always work. But its not like a shadow priest, who simply push a scream for the pet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 18:33

At the moment, beastmasters are rather gimped in raids so I wouldn't suggest that build.

I have never been to MC Rolling Eyes

And running away won't get the shaman killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 18:49

Well, on the hunter forum, don't remember if it is US or EU, but there is a sticky guide how to play beastmaster in end-game raids.
So while it may not be as good as MM it most certainly is possible.

Faltereh
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 20:14

Sharna wrote:
Well, on the hunter forum, don't remember if it is US or EU, but there is a sticky guide how to play beastmaster in end-game raids.
So while it may not be as good as MM it most certainly is possible.

I have read that thread, but the answers are not fully afirmative. Besides, I guess its more interesting and challenging to play BM in endgame, than the aimed shot spam. I doubt that it would be as effective as marksman or survivalist though. To keep alive a pet in that kind of situation is not really easy. Even with the resistences. That thread suggest 90 resistence on every aspect (nature, fire, frost, shadow, arcane) With 90 resistence the pet still really vulnerable, since it does not have as much health as a rogue, not to mention a warrior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faltereh
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Tue 17 Oct - 20:16

Lythar wrote:

And running away won't get the shaman killed.

running away makes him to fail the spell. And gives a chance to hide and wait for him with a nice shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsukiko
Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Sat 4 Nov - 14:16

Wow so much information to soak up... a lot of usefull stuf there thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Sun 5 Nov - 0:02

Bwaha, rejoice! In BC all pets will have 2.0 attack speed. The Brokentooth/ZG bat tyranny is over. So if you're thinking of spending hours to camp Brokentooth, I wouldn't reccomend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faltereh
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Sun 5 Nov - 0:05

Bleh. Suckers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Sun 5 Nov - 0:06

Irony? Ok, ok, you benefited from it's uses while you were playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faltereh
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Sun 5 Nov - 2:05

nah. taming was fun I mean. One of the privilages of the hunter-gameplay. To camp for Broken Tooth was something that contradicted the rushing gamestyle of WoW. It was RP in a way: you had to wait hours, even days for the prey. Like a real hunter. Now you will have the choice among species, but you could not tame individuals. Taming Broken Tooth meant that I had a hard-earned pet. True, every PvP hunter had that, but in a way He was an individual, cause I had to camp there in the Badlands, have been corpscamped by a druid etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vainia
Sentinel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 14:11

Lythar wrote:
Bwaha, rejoice! In BC all pets will have 2.0 attack speed. The Brokentooth/ZG bat tyranny is over. So if you're thinking of spending hours to camp Brokentooth, I wouldn't reccomend it.

I have broken tooth and I camped a day for it.

I like the diversity of the pets, but what now: Should we all run around with turtles as they ahve most HP and Armor?

Furhter more, my pet doe snot have growl (it has bite, claw, dash and prawl), which makes it even more dangerous, but not efficient aganst mobs.

My broken tooth is a monster on attack, but ala, it has no armor nor HP and is easily killed. So making all pets same attack speed is IMO a big failure from Blizz and sad to the hunter class.

It is my choice to specialize a pet the way I do, and it is good in PVP situations but not very efficient in PVE. in PVP, people can kill the pet in a few blows but rarely do it. So now - because people are lazy and complain about the pet with attack speed 2.0 - in stead if killing the pet in the PVP situation, Blizzard obvisouly decided to kill the pet diversity and soon everyone will run around with monster turtles on speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 14:53

Turtles still won't be good in PvP, neither will any of the other pets with much armor and health but low damage.
Blizz have made the stats scale so a cat gets a bigger percent of your offensive stats, while less stam. And a turtle the opposite.
Also, there are pets will still have unique skills, bat Screeh, Cat prowl, Scorpion some poison thingie..etc..

Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 16:20

Cats with prowl, dash, bite, claw will still be PvP and Bears, Turtles and Wolves will still be PvE. There's a rumor that you can train pets to have a higher attack speed which means you can't train it to have more stamina.

The point is that everyone won't have the exact same looking damn cat anymore.
And also wolves and raptors will be more viable in PvP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mist
Watcher

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 18:01

Lythar wrote:
Cats with prowl, dash, bite, claw will still be PvP and Bears, Turtles and Wolves will still be PvE. There's a rumor that you can train pets to have a higher attack speed which means you can't train it to have more stamina.

The point is that everyone won't have the exact same looking damn cat anymore.
And also wolves and raptors will be more viable in PvP.

Funny thing is, the ONE pet you would want for PvP before the big nerf of unique pets' speed, was a raptor..

Takk the Leaper (think it was that anyways) could run down Epic mounts, they nerfed his speed a bit, but he was still capable of outrunning most and everyone.. But the nerf patch took those unique traits away..

There I get for camping Dishu/Humar/Takk for hours on my hunter -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 18:43

Don't think I was around back then. So... every PvP hunter had the same raptor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mist
Watcher

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 9 Nov - 19:07

Lythar wrote:
Don't think I was around back then. So... every PvP hunter had the same raptor?

Not really, but those who knew tried to get him, he's on a REALLY long respawn timer though, so it's quite hard to tame him..

It's not like ever PvP hunter these days have Broken Tooth, they rather have a Bloodseeker <_____________<..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adora
Officer

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2006-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   Thu 14 Dec - 18:12

My future lvl 70 build...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=cxbG0xgkVuVoVVVMZ0h

EDIT: This is of course under heavy construction...

Last edited by Adora on Fri 22 Dec - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunter   

Back to top Go down

Hunter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next