badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Druid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elloa
Commander

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Druid   Sun 20 Aug - 12:38

Druid

This thread can be used to write different advice, technique etc..about this class.

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sun 20 Aug - 19:31

Druids, what ever talent tree you take, I suggest to put complete points in nature's grasp, and improved Nature's grasp...

if you are a caster, and the roots break while still casting, just finish your current cast (starfire ?) and hit the nature's grasp....enemy will be entangled, and if you have it full, the enemy has 100% to get entangled... Laughing

its great!! also if you know there is a rogue around, and you are affraid that he might catch you, just entangle him...if you are lucky, you will be stunned from his attack with a bit difference, so he cant attack you...

also Faerie fire would be great!! I've seen druids fight a rogue in the battlegrounds, but they just forgot to use Faerie Fire...its thick headed, cause next to the target mob losing some armor, its also disabled from stealthing...

if i see a rogue, and im stealthed as cat, i use faerie fire before engaging....its handy...or...pounce and then faerie fire...

Elloa, having these things for classes are a good idea by the way...thanks

Tylarin
Officer

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sun 20 Aug - 21:48

Faerie fire very useful indeed as also helps crit chance and general damage. Not so sure about the rooting for feral, however i do advise druids of the feral kind to spec into the 5 point 70% chance to avoid interupt on healing (tier 2 of resto tree), this is easily acceptable as many of you will get the Tier 1 Furor talent anyway. This healing avoidance allows for easier heals when fighting one or more mobs and such is useful for solo grinding.

On another note.... Heart of the Wild. ( i think its called) the talent linked before The feral crit aura is easily best talent in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 6 Sep - 9:19

come on dear druids, there must be more to know about us!

Mist
Watcher

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 6 Sep - 9:39

If you're very serious about going feral, don't invest as many points in resto as someone higher up said..

One of the best specs for a full out feral for PvP would be:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=MzLVhoZxgMsfbztV

Note though that this spec is kitty oriented, points can be shuffled as desired to reach another kind of build..

And, yeah.. Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire is one of our most important abilities to use, because it pisses rogues off to the limit >.<
I even had the pleasure to see Deathjester try to Vanish when he was Faerie Fire'd :>

And a great movie to learn about how to play feral - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=15011

He was the one making me create a Druid for about a year ago..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ollahar
Officer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2006-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 6 Sep - 10:05

Mist wrote:
If you're very serious about going feral, don't invest as many points in resto as someone higher up said..

One of the best specs for a full out feral for PvP would be:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=MzLVhoZxgMsfbztV

Note though that this spec is kitty oriented, points can be shuffled as desired to reach another kind of build..

Okay this is weird, that's exactly my talen specc. *blinks* Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ollahar
Officer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2006-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 6 Sep - 10:38

O and some reminder when fighting against spell casters. The important thing would be to interrupt their spell casting, but we only have couple of things that can do this. First is "Feral Charge", which is basically same as warrior's charge (only usable in bear form). It's also a good way to get near your enemy, but as it's discription goes "Causes you to charge an enemy, immobilizing and interrupting any spell being cast for 4 sec.", so very usable against casters in that way too. Note that it's only interrupts enemies who are already casting. Another one and the only one available to you in close combat is the "Bash"(again only usable in bear form). It has a 1min cooldown, so you probably can only use once in a battle. After the Feral Charge + Bash, you have absolutely no way to interrupt spell casting, so try to use your movement against them. Many spells require that the caster is facing the enemy (at this point you), so try to get behind them as often as possible, thus interrupting their casting. That might not save you, but it just might.

About the only tactics against hunters would be to try to entagle or hibernate their pet and go straight for the source. A good Feral charge + Maul + Bash comes handy in here aswell. But I have probably never won a battle against hunter if he makes the first initiate, so someone else might have much better tactics against them. Smile

Warriors are interesting. I had the pleasure to duel Alyria the other day and I lost, but it got me thinking. Probably the best tactics would be to go into battle in bear form, fight until you are halfway down, bash them, come out of bear form, entagle them (NG comes in handy here), move away and heal, then go into bear and start all over again. Someone please correct me here if I'm wrong, but that feels the only tactics which might work. Fighting in cat form won't probably work as they will kill you in a split second.

Rogues, well fearie fire them, and use bear to kill them, as they have so many stuns, that if they will wipe you before you can say "feck" if you are on kitty/elf form. I don't know if we have much of a chance even in bear form, but probably better anyway.

Imho kitty is only usable when fighting against somebody who ain't that fighting specced, aka resto druids or holy priests. Then again you can't interrupt their casting anyway in kitty, so you need to kill them fast. But apart from that, it's only good for killing enemies by surprise.

In talents I highly recommend Nature's Grasp, which is an instant spell which you cast on yourself and when an enemy hits you, they will be entagled instantly. Very usefull against melee attackes if you want to get away from them to heal/cast.

Okay that was it. I didn't even bother to write about classes like warlocks or shadow priests is due to the fact that you have absolutely no chance in hell to win. Just bash them, cat + dash away. Laughing

And please correct me here, this is more based on my personal experience as playing with Ollahar, than anything else, and it probably is incorrect in many ways.

Cheers!

-Olly

EDIT: forgot to say that I also recommend taking Nature Shapeshifter to the max, as shapeshifting is highly consuming and it's nice and important to get 30% away from it. Wink

Last edited by on Wed 6 Sep - 10:49; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 6 Sep - 10:40

hmm...dont have omen of clarity, i got more points in resto, imp enrage, which is ok....

and i did as many as possible in the feral bar, as most ask me to OT....

got a nice idol of brutality with it...

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Mon 6 Nov - 11:54

hmm...thinking about respeccing to what Mist posted some posts above..
its pretty good, but im still going to put full +enrage, which is in the restoration tree....
and head more to bear, me thinx......

does anyone know some good feral gloves, which are not rogue tier 0.0, or require a very high honor?
yeh yeh, i know L2Seek.....

I did find some......
http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=21501 ?
http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=20259 ?
http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19869 ?

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 22 Nov - 10:46

Last edited by on Wed 22 Nov - 12:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lythar
Officer

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2006-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 22 Nov - 11:05

The first two are rogue talent trees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drypher
Watcher

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 22 Nov - 12:02

The third build is close to mine, with some exeptions:

I picked Thick Hide insted of Feral Instinct - increases change for resto survival, as druids cant fade, faint and are being hit pretty often

I didn't pick Feline Swiftness, Naturalist and Subtlety. Instead I have improved Regrowth, Improved Tranquility, Imp. MotW. In that way I have 62,5% chance to hit crit with Regrowth.

This build may change tho' with the coming of TBC, as some new skills are really nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 22 Nov - 12:19

sorry Lyth...

changes....

Last edited by on Wed 22 Nov - 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tylarin
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Wed 22 Nov - 12:23

I am currently 5 in balance, the rest in Resto.
A good chunk of the talents in resot are all rather useful...the 5 in balance is for Nature's Grasp...great for getting away from mobs or even AV warrior charges/rogue stabbings.
I do not pvp so often and dont find myself soloing since i lost my Feralness, but then im a healer through and through now.

I still have my feral gear and made a very good tank to a group, even as a MT. Bears have the ability to do this, despite what warriors think :p
It just requires alot more rage management and target prioritising, which means do your homework and aslong as the heals are coming...you'll be fine, alternativly...FRENZIED REGEN!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Fri 8 Dec - 14:26

hmm...I finally gone to Restoration...

and my conclusion after 2 days played:
I HATE IT!

so...I think i'l try 1 raid in restoration....
and then, collect enough money to go Balance...

Yasmina told me that she saw a warrior getting killed in like 3 hits from the treants....dont know how much of that is true...
but the build in total is really cool...
major damage with spells, still have to watch my mana...
though, with the Dreamstate talent it shouldnt be much of a problem...
and we got Innervate for some time now....

aye...

Tylarin
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Fri 8 Dec - 15:26

that isnt greatly true, the treants, from what i can see...all hit for around 100-200 each, crit for 300-400...on a warrior that would be reduced and they only last 30 secs, not enough to make a difference....the warrior shudnt have died >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Árín
Commander

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sat 9 Dec - 11:49

I have to disagree with your resto - hint of feral tree Drakonis.
Since you went all the way down to Tree Of Life but not fully imp Reju and Regrowth, it makes the tree kind of useless.

Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sat 9 Dec - 21:15

true >.,< noticed that to late >.<

when I get 15g, ill get that fixed...

Narux
Recruit

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Thu 4 Jan - 17:35

I love topics like this, so i thought i should reply. Smile

First let me introduce myself, Some of you might know me from some cross faction RP in Ashenvale, others might not.

My Name is Narux, and Iam the druid classleader of Aftermath. *shivers* i know, not a whole lot of roleplayers there.. but atleast there is a few :p

I know Restoration and Balance builds very well. Although iam not familiar with feral builds, as i've personally never enjoyed it. It locks me too much to one specific task instead for utilising my hybrid nature to 100%.

When the 2.0 patch came i decided to go with a 43/0/8 build. More specifically this build. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=MtofzicRguVoZV0h

I wanted to try treants, To see if they are worthy of a 41 point talent investment. (Soooo many druid talents before has not been.. )

Balance has gotten a huge buff no doubt about it, its definatly a very viable spec. Not like it used to be.

After a few days of pvping i lerned a few new tricks. After a while i decided to try and make a short pvpmovie of my personal experiance as a balance druid.

If you're interested feel free to take a look. http://www.team-project.org/am/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2440

now, What did i learn while pvping as a balance druid?

1. NEVER EVER Eeeever use Moonkin form against any form of casters. that includes shamans palladins and other druids (unless in certain rare circumstances) Armor is worthless against spellcasters. and healing is 100 times more important than 5% extra crit against them.

2. Remember that you are still a druid, not a wannabe mage or warlock, Utilise ALL your forms, If a priest or mage silences you don't just stand there, hop into catform and dish out some paw dps. Dot them using moonfire and insect swarm. pull up some trees, if they start getting close to you head into bear and bash them. dots and trees will keep on hitting him, doing massive damage.

3. (my personal biggest flaw) USE KEYBINDINGS, i can't stress this enough. Just after making that movie i redid all of my keybindings, it makes a huuuge differance in reactiontime, and you need to be quick if you want to survive against firemages or well geared warlocks.

4. Against Hunters, always do your best to try and stay within 8 yards range, Their melee attacks hit for ALOT less than their bow attacks, Utilise travelform to manage to stay close to them.

5. Against felguard warlocks, root the felguard, Sutch a simple thing removed their (only) real weapon, summon some trees or start dotting them and then a few wraths.

6. Always heal early, and utilise regrowth and Rejuvination, they will make a huge difference, especially against shadowpriests and warlock. but should be used at all times.

7. Utilise innervate, If you are like me and use regrowth rank 9 as your main healing spell, don't be afraid of using innervate if you deem it neccesarry, definatly don't forget about it. should always be on cooldown.

8. Always use your insignia of the Alliance (or horde) I can't mention how many times this little thing has saved my life. or turned the tide of battle. Its definatly worth having equipped.

9. When fightning mutliple enemies simultaniously, Don't just nuke one and don't mind the other, Try and keep them both busy, root one, dot him, kite him around. while you dot the other and send your trees on him.

10. Against shamans, Use a rank 1 moonfire to destroy their grounding totems, and try to kite them away from the rest of them, if it starts going bad, root them, and travelform out of range, then try to heal up using a regrowth and a rejuvination.

Back to my origonal Thesis, Is treants worthy a 41 talent point invenstment? definatly, without doubt. They do massive, damage for mearly 182 mana, its not uncommon that if the trees survive thoughout th e entire time that they do over 4k damage. And not just that, they efficantly interupt virtually ALL spellcasting.

The only thing thats abit sad about balance is that its REALLY gear dependant, i used gear with +380 spelldamage in that movie. But its not just about spelldamage, you need hybrid gear. I personally gadly sacrefice some spelldamage (that might or might not make a big differance) for more stats. and hybrid gear. pvpset is awesome, both rank 10 and 13, Feralheart works aswell.

//Naru
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakonis
Recruitment officer

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sat 6 Jan - 18:12

hey Narux!

nice post.
though, i doubt me fetching Balance.

I am resto atm, but with TBC comin up, im thinking bout switching back once more, to Feral.
me always liked bearing and catting.
i will always keep the Nature's Grasp, cause its something I find truely usefull...

(thought i'd post somewhere, to let everybody know im back after 1 week of holidays ^^... missed you all!! )

Arafina
Ambassador

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Druid   Sat 6 Jan - 19:16

Thanks for the tips, Narux. On Ravenholdt I have a Tauren Druid, yet level 34. He (it's a male Tauren; you appear to be female) is feral.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Druid   

Back to top Go down

Druid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1