badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Priest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elloa
Commander

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Priest   Sun 20 Aug - 12:38

Priest

This thread can be used to write different advice, technique etc..about this class.

Khelmion
Officer

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Tue 22 Aug - 19:03

I don't know if you others have noticed it, but since i have started to use Renew less (i used it quite much before) i have not drawn aggro to my self in the same abundance as before. I read about not abusing the Renew on the Priest forum on www.worldofwar.net and tried that approach in a instance and it worked very well.
I usually wait a little bit and use Heal or GHeal instead...and occationally Flash when the mage or rogue has taken damage and need "a quick fix".

What do you have for teqniques otherwise?
How much do you use shield on others and on yourselves?
I usually throw a shield around the other casters and on occation also on the tank if he/she will be attacking multiple mobs at one time and that i can reserv some of my mana and use "healing bursts" instead.

You have any forums or some other reading to recommend? I was told by someone that i need to learn more, and i'm humble enough to wanting to improve myself all the time to be as good as i can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Wed 23 Aug - 3:44

For my own, I've a good trainer at home (Shylee) who hhave played a priest in HIGH lvl guild on ful PVP server since the beggining of WOW.

Now I train to use the less mana possible, to heal efficiently with heal when it's not really needed. The most difficult it's to not take aggro but with a fade done in the good time, it's ok, and if the other player like the tank can catch well the agroo.

When i'm full heal

- i heal the tank (or the person who take damage) with greater heal, after having done my free cast (disc spell).

- I renew the other player who take less damage but whose are losing life

- I only shield in emergency one player + renew and continue to heal the main player with greater heal. I only use flash heal in real emergency

Somtime i choose to sacrify a player when they are to much damage. Then I choose to heal first : 1. tank, 2. those who can heal and rez, 3. dps

When I quest, or when I don't need to be full heal

I pull with holy fire, after dot, smite, and to keep mana I finish the mob with my staff.
If I'm alone I shield, but I know it's not really good, cause shield take a lot of damage.

I favorise spirit with my stuff, and I cast spirit buff (dis spell) cause I've choose a talent which increase my damage and heal with my spirit (holly talent)

I'm not able of explain well my strategy, but I try Very Happy

Ollahar
Officer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2006-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Wed 23 Aug - 3:56

Yeah I've kinda seen you improve along the way.

The first time in ST was kinda disasterous, as you both tried to do damage aswell as heal. It ended in a low mana and high aggro. Not good for a healer.

Yesterday I did BRD with Khelmion, and that was just amazing healing. Keep up the good work, you're definitely on the right path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eleystra
High Priestress

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Wed 23 Aug - 4:34

"You shall not die as long as i am aliive!"
My quote if someone says: "that's been close"

I might be one of those who dont have mana conserve and who are going to overheal but it's better to heal others too much than too less ;p

My way to heal:

Tank shall be able to get much damage before being healed, if the group is random, take a look at the others first and observe how well they are going, if the damage is going to take the mobs or if the tank is even able to get those back.

If they are able to, just use greater heal on the tank, use the discipline tree "free spell" (the name was something with "inner", wasnt it?) if you got half of your mana, you shall be able to use it once again if the fight is going to take too long, use a mana pot if you got 1/3 of your mana, one minute is going to end sooner than the three minutes of the "free spell".

If everyone is going to take damage several times, for example there are many melee fighters, use prayer of healing (in combination with the "free spell thingie of the discipline tree" if possible) to heal them, if this isnt enough, use greater heal to heal those who get most damage and just play "wack the mole" with those whose hp is lowest (and if they are still alive)

Casters and Hunters who are staying behind and just get damage very seldom, use renew and they will be ok, if they are going to be attacked use the shield to buy them time to kill the mob, if this isnt enough use flash heal to heal them or use greater heal if they you got enough time.

Dont forget to heal the pets, the imp gets renew if necessary in combination with shield, extra hp is going to be usefull if you are used to the hp of the tank, pets of hunters are able to get flash or greater heal, those are able to take the mobs who are going to attack you if necessary or are just usefull damage dealers and every hunter will be glad to have a living pet than one who died.

Hm....

Take a look how much your greater heals are able to heal, mine are able to heal about 2000 hp so i am waiting till the melee fighters lost 2000 hp (if this will be about 50%+) till i start to cast heal. Some (especially some rogues and other hunter pets) dont have more than 3k hp, i am healing those with flash heal.

Mages who are going to say "shield me" often are meaning: "shield me and concentrate your healing on me till the mobs are dead" - shield them, sometimes they will wait till they got shield, but it's seldom, just wait till you are going to spam flash heal oder you start to spam greater heal and continue with flashheal.

Hem.... i am not able to remember anymore atm. maybe i am missing the healer action to remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elloa
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Wed 23 Aug - 14:47

Quote :
The first time in ST was kinda disasterous, as you both tried to do damage aswell as heal. It ended in a low mana and high aggro. Not good for a healer

This famous day, I was only doing heal (and shackle)...but I die 3. Well, nevermind. When I'm in instance, I generaly don't do damage. I keep my precious mana for heal only, exept if we are in a easy part, of if the team is higher than the mob.

It's very difficult for a priest to heal, when other poeple don't get aggro. Cause, even with carefulness, even with fade in good time (when someone make damage to the mob you want fade) I will all time take agro if the team don't keep attention of it and..finaly die XD

Sanrah
Sentinel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: thank you   Wed 13 Sep - 17:38

Thank you so much for sharing the healing experience with us...
I indeed learned a lot from you high leveled and experienced healer Razz

I also think it is great fun and challenge to be a good healer in a team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Khelmion
Officer

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Priest   Tue 17 Oct - 13:06

Here is a link meant for those who haven't played a priest before or thinks that priests are just staying in the back of the group and cast heals at leisure.

http://www.rougebob.com/priest/

Now you are able to try it out without havint to create an alt and leveling it.

Just be warned, it could be hectic. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest   

Back to top Go down

Priest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1