badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Warrior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elloa
Commander

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Warrior   Sun 20 Aug - 12:39

Warrior

This thread can be used to write different advice, technique etc..about this class.

Zakuro
Watcher

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Tue 22 Aug - 21:26

FUUUUWWWWYYYYYYY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower
And the last two is tooo zcary to look at T_T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyria
Officer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 1:36

heh, nice post to be honest. and... since i still love you guys. i will post some of my own experiences as a warrior. ( have 2x warrior at 60 )

basic builds -
The Mortal Strike Build - aka. cookie cutter.

this is a 31/20/0 build. focused arround slow weapon, with high top-end damage. ( i will go for my MS build when i had Blackhands doomsaw )

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3030502135201005010505010400500000000000000000000000

( the weapon specialization should be changed to the weapon you are currently whielding )

equipment - Lots of +crit, get arround 25% crit atleast. and ALOT of attackpower. so, basicly, strenght and Stamina.

Fury Build

fury is a very person to person talent build. some like this, some like that.
( will show how i was speced as fury, was using Dal'rends set )

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3030502030200000000505300530501005100000000000000000

( there are countless diffrent fury builds, but this one is my favourit. and i suggest a slow main hand, fast off-hand. fight mostly in Berzerker stance verus most classes. versus rogues and warriors. fight in battlestance. )

equipment - get arround +10 to hit, arround 25% to crit, more if possible. and of coarse attackpower. Strenght, agility and Stamina.

Protection Build - aka Tank/meatshield.

Protection is a PvE focused talent tree, it is mostly about PvE settings, and abilities. to obtain alot of aggro, and staying alive. my current build, as i use in Unfinished Sympathy.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3500500000000000000000000000000000055250110530201251

( you can switch imp. taunt with imp. shield wall, but other then that i would not advice any other changes for PvE tanking. )

Equipment - lots of stamina, lots of +defense. ( +block value, block chance is good as well ) get arround atleast 360 defense, arround 400 is optimal. then you should focus on more Stamina. dont be affraid to bring defense down from 400 to 350 if it brings 5-600 more health.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 11:39

First of all, How can you Not choose piercing howl!? It be like zhe best talent! Or one of them.

And second, there are many different builds you can choose from.
There is also the arms/prot, fury/prot, and many others:P

But i agree, fury is an awesome talent tree, my favourite fury build is.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?0500500100000000000505310552501025100000000000000000
this is for PvE damage though, PvP would have imp. intercept and no imp. cleave.

Alyria
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 15:40

Piercing howl, is allright... it is not the best... yes you do daze enemies in a Area. witch is very good, but i cannot be used effectily in PvE. my fury spec was simply all about maximum damage. not general fighting abilities... Smile

and it have been the best DPS fury build i have had so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 15:55

You will find it useful at Razergore in BWL;P
But what you say is kinda true.
Though it is awesome for PvP!

And i still find my build to be ZHE best over everything else for damage:P
But that's about taste and choise of weapons and all stuff like that i guess.

Mist
Watcher

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 17:55

Alyria wrote:

Fury Build

fury is a very person to person talent build. some like this, some like that.
( will show how i was speced as fury, was using Dal'rends set )

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3030502030200000000505300530501005100000000000000000

( there are countless diffrent fury builds, but this one is my favourit. and i suggest a slow main hand, fast off-hand. fight mostly in Berzerker stance verus most classes. versus rogues and warriors. fight in battlestance. )

equipment - get arround +10 to hit, arround 25% to crit, more if possible. and of coarse attackpower. Strenght, agility and Stamina.

*snicker*

*continues to snicker while drinking some coffee*

Oooooookieeeeess.. BATTLESTANCE AGAINST ROGUES?

Hehe, you should know one thing - rogues LOVE warriors in battlestance, since you can be omggouged..

The only thing I see useable in battlestance against rogues is Overpower, which (I think) is only used to it's max with a big fat 2-hander..

And, for the record, most rogues pop evasion to get you into to battlestance so you can overpower, just to be gouged ;P

[EDIT]
Some thoughts about Piercing Howl - It's a very nice ability to have, but a bit too short duration to be a viable replacement for Hamstring.. Since your enemy will get immune against it after a while (only in PvP, diminishing returns ya know, that thing that lets you win against rogues ;P)..

So I'd use Piercing Howl in mass PvP - Example; in AV, charge - zerker - Piercing Howl - WW - BT - Inti Shout - ??? - Profit..
[/EDIT]

<.<

>.>

Just felt like trolling, no harsh feeling's Aly ;P

P.S

Aly, we gotta duel some time.. Now that I'm 60 and all xD

D.S

Last edited by on Wed 23 Aug - 17:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 17:56

MIST!!!!

Mist
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 17:59

Sharna wrote:
MIST!!!!

YOU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 18:00

ME!!!!!

Mist
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 18:02

Sharna wrote:
ME!!!!!

Hmm, apparently..

Bored at school?........wait....

You don't have a PC at school, how come you haxxor teh forums anyways?

<.<

P.S

*omghug to every sentinel*

D.S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 18:09

Sharna wrote:
Furst of all! Me foundz a way to get on zhe intarweb on zhe school, but not often and not for long, and no games. Ohh, and i found out something strange, when i'm at home, i want to be at zhe school, when i'm at zhe school i want to be home!>.<
But with MSN, somebody tell this to Mist/Nim in game.

Mist
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Wed 23 Aug - 18:10

Sharna wrote:
Sharna wrote:
Furst of all! Me foundz a way to get on zhe intarweb on zhe school, but not often and not for long, and no games. Ohh, and i found out something strange, when i'm at home, i want to be at zhe school, when i'm at zhe school i want to be home!>.<
But with MSN, somebody tell this to Mist/Nim in game.

<3

But let's not fill this thread with troll-chatter xD

Oooor, perhaps that's what warriors do best?

And someone please flame my "constructive" post, yes, it's up there somewhere, covered by Shar spam..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyria
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Thu 24 Aug - 2:34

in case you dont know, battlestance is the only useble stance verus rogues, overpower if improved, if not it does suck.

but... in berzerker, we take 10% extra damage... and versus a rogue that is way to much. and zerker rage is on a 30sec CD... and gogue have 6sec?

and i am Protection specced now, i would lose versus everything. even naked rogues. with the starter dagger. and i have stoped with PvP. it is only crap anyway.

but we all know warriors are broken... everyclass can beat them as easily as hell. it you want to stand a chance versus anythign you need full rank 14 gear... epic rings and trinkets... and then perhaps we would have a chance. becuase all who cant defeat warriors simply lack zkills Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mist
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Thu 24 Aug - 8:23

Alyria wrote:
but we all know warriors are broken... everyclass can beat them as easily as hell. it you want to stand a chance versus anythign you need full rank 14 gear... epic rings and trinkets... and then perhaps we would have a chance. becuase all who cant defeat warriors simply lack zkills Razz

Yeah, we all know that, because even I (a nub when it comes to warriors) could see that the guy charging me and two-hitting me played a broken class..

<.<

And for the record, gouge has a 10sec cooldown and thus gets diminishing returns, you won't see a rogue use it twice in a 25sec period..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyria
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Thu 24 Aug - 9:29

Quote :
And for the record, gouge has a 10sec cooldown and thus gets diminishing returns

w00tz diminishing returns?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mist
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Thu 24 Aug - 10:24

Alyria wrote:
Quote :
And for the record, gouge has a 10sec cooldown and thus gets diminishing returns

w00tz diminishing returns?

Blizzard wrote:
Control Spell Limits
Control types of spells such as Charm, Fear, and Stun are subject to diminishing returns. This means that if a second spell of the same type is used against the same player within 15 seconds of the first effect wearing off, the second spell's duration will be reduced by 50%, the third's duration will be reduced by 75%, and the player will be immune to the fourth casting.

Slowing Spells & Diminishing Returns
A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to diminishing returns in PvP. It is our goal to set as few spells as possible to be diminished. We've identified this short list of spells as having durations and cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently slow or immobilize targets but without adequate controls or other limiting factors. When a spell with diminishing returns is used against a target in PvP, the first effect has full duration. On the second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that spell's duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the spell. Spells must be used on the same target within 15 seconds of the *end* of the duration in order to be diminished. In other words, if a target hasn't had a slowing spell active on them for more than 15 seconds, the next slowing spell will have full effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   Tue 17 Oct - 12:07

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=61886396&sid=1

...whutiaWHAHHH!?

Coooopy of above link.....

TM: 3 points. Allows you to retain an Additional 15 points of rage when switching stances (i.e. we keep 10 no matter what)!

^ Verified: Stance Mastery. New skill at level 20. Allows you to retain 10 rage points when you switch stances. Woot woot!

Blood Frenzy: Now 2 points for 2/4% increased melee damage done to the target (by all sources) with Rend/Deep Wounds on your target.

Second Wind: Reduced to 20 rage, now has a health regen component.

Improved MS: Reduces the cooldown of MS by .2/.4/.6/.8/1 seconds. Also increases its damage by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Endless Rage: You now generate 25% more rage when doing damage.

Rampage: Now 50 AP per hit. Also gain an immediate 50 AP (300 total.)

Improved Berzerker stance: Increases your AP by 2/4/6/8/10% while in berzerker stance.

Improved WW: Reduces the cooldown of your WW ability by 1/2 seconds (2 points total.)

Improved pummel removed.

Improved shield block: Now 1 point for 1 extra attack blocked /1 second longer duration.

Improved Bloodrage: Now a tier 1 talent.

Input from Kalgan:
A couple quick corrections...

- Blood Frenzy is actually still a debuff on the target that now adds 2%/4% to melee damage done to the target (the current tooltip in the talent calculator makes it sound like it only increses your damage).

- Endless Rage now increases rage generated when you deal damage by 25% (but does not increase rage generated by taking damage).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrior   

Back to top Go down

Warrior
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1