badaboom

May The Eternal Light Of Elune Guide You.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Add On

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Add On   Sun 2 Apr - 1:02

Flag RSP

I would greatly encourage every RP player FlagRSP. You can get it at the link below.
http://www.flokru.org/flagrsp/

A quick guide:

When you load the addon and log in, a button (with a scroll) appears in the top-left corner (around the map). clicking this button will give you several options. One of them I would like to explain, find out the others by yourself.

clicking on the identification tap (again a scroll) gives you the option to give your character a...

...surname: Obvious, here you should put in your characters surname.

...title: Here you can give your character a good title like Master-Tailor, Arch Mage of Dalaran.. you get the point.

...discription: Now this is a tricky one. Things like: "I am a warlord" or "Tinky is a joyful Gnome. He knows everything about engeneering" should be avoided. What you have to do is to discribe you character from the perspective of other players. So describe things you can see by not knowing your character at all. just the outside. Example: "You see a tall Tauren, that appears to be proud of himself" or "Mira appears to have unusual white hear".

I hope this is helpful. FlagRSP is my favorite Addon atm.

From Tharias
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sentinel.activebb.net
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Sun 2 Apr - 1:04

Guild Map

Okay so I just thought this might be a nice thing for raids, meetings and defense over our lands.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1566

So basicly it shows TDS members on the map without being in the same group or raid. Would ease grouping etc. And it shows only the guild mates who have this Addon.

From Israndel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sentinel.activebb.net
Khelmion
Officer

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Wed 19 Apr - 11:23

Perhaps we could take a joined decision about what the guild members should you for addon, one that applies for all members?
We can say, for example, that everyone should have Guild Map or Flag RSP or both installed.
Other addons are up to the individual to choose according to her/his needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arya
Sentinel

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 20 Apr - 23:49

Only addon i would think about making a must have is FlagRSP really, perhaps Ephemeral.
I'm against forcing people to do/get things. Just like i'm against raid groups that needs you to got a special specc.
And for some people these addons might not work, it could be something with the persons computer that it simply can't run all the stuff at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Khelmion
Officer

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Wed 26 Apr - 17:16

For all us who are of a caster class (Priest, Druid and Hunter), there is a good AddOn called BeneCast. I have just installed it today but it looks very promising as you can choose what kind of spells you want to cast on each class so managing the casting in groups will be much easier. You don't have to klick on each team member each time you cast a healing spell or something, you just click on the small icon next to that party members portrait so you don't loose the enemy currently targeted.

I'll come back with more info as soon as i have tested it some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 1:52

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=896
Pretty useful for lots of stuff, if everybody got it.

This was what i suggest we use for the trade channel idea.
And no, i won't explain it now. TOo tiredT_T

Celestar
Watcher

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 2:06

I have tried many add-ons, and I prefer to keep the number of them I use to a minimum. The following are the ones I can't live without. All of these can be found with a search on curse-gaming.com, with the exception of ChatBox:

ChatBox (chat extensions including timestamps, extended player link menus, names colored by class, etc., and the ability to link items in custom chat channels with others that also have this add-on)
This add-on can be found at http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1819

BestBuff (automatically adjusts buff spells for the level of the target)

RPEmoter (menu with all available built-in emotes)

DefendYourself (automatically keeps some enemy targeted, intelligently)

flagRSP (see other posts about this one)

Lore (for speaking and understanding other languages like Druidic, High Elven, Titan)

MapCoords (for map coordinates)

Telo's SelfCast (for targeting self with alt key for spells and bandages, etc., without losing existing target)

and last, but not least:

Wardrobe (for switching between item sets and automatically when mounted)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestar
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 2:13

I would prefer to use ChatBox over ChatLink since ChatBox has the ChatLink feature plus all the features of LSChat and then some. I do not know if ChatBox and ChatLink would work together, but it might be worth a try. If they work together then it's a moot point. ( except that one add-on is better than two )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharna
Heroes

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 9:21

I'm going to download chatlink, then we can check if they work together laterz. And people can decide themself which they want to use.

Celestar
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 10:16

Well.. if the two add-ons don't work together then there's obviously a problem for people to "decide for themselves". We will have to make a sanctioned choice so everyone is using the same one.

I will download ChatLink also and test it with ChatBox.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestar
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Thu 4 May - 10:30

Well, we are lucky, the two add-ons seems to actually be compatible with each other so you can use either one or the other, it doesn't matter, and there is no need to use them both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arafina
Ambassador

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2006-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Sat 22 Jul - 11:36

I have been installing a new add-on:

MyQuests

My plans are the following:
- I will only use that add-on being Arafina, not being Meylana;
- The quests will only be given to Watchers in this guild, not to other players (MyQuests gives features to apply a filter on players that approaches me and want to complete a quest);
- Completing a quest will promote the player, and are not repeatable;
- I hope the other players also want to install MyQuests. I don't know if the other player also have to install MyQuests as well, I assume that they have to.

The URL of MyQuests is: http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-4182-1-myquests.html

On the same page there is a Download button. Clicking on it, will download the add-on.

For testing reasons, I want to ask Chloye and Djb to install this add-on and see if they can get a quest from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Israndel
Sentinel

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Mon 4 Sep - 10:54

My RolePlay

I must say that is a lot better than FlagRSP. Gives out more things to do and well, see for yourself.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-4153-1-myroleplay.html

Not sure though that does it still work. Stopped using any of these a while back, for I see it is not needed. And messes up the channels good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adora
Officer

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2006-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Add On   Mon 4 Sep - 22:58

I have said it before and I will say it again:
KLHThreatMeter
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-3488-1-klhthreatmeter.html

Ever wondered if you can do that -insert high damage attack here- and get away with it? Now you have the possibility to know and no longer endanger the raid when on the last boss.

It's a really good tool for raids, and considering that we are actually getting more and more raid oriented it will be very useful.

Too many Addons already? Just disable this one when doing your regular stuff and then swap it out when going raiding... I strongly believe you can find an addon that you don't need in a raid which can be swapped with this one.

Really useful in a raid! I can't press this enough...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Add On   

Back to top Go down

Add On
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
badaboom :: General (OOC) :: World of Warcraft-
Jump to: